The 2017 Annual Certification is open and available for your completion at www.ecoi.emory.edu. The 2016 Annual Certification is closed and no longer available for completion. All Emory faculty members who are involved in research are required to complete the Annual Certification once a year. It may help to have your 2017 W2s and 1099s available to ensure you have the most complete financial information from last year. Completing the 2017 Annual Certification form could significantly reduce the number of Investigator Financial Interest Related to Research forms research investigators are required to complete during 2018.
Click here to submit an Annual Certification.
For instructions on how to fill out an Annual Certification, click here.
Please remember that Mozilla Firefox is the recommended Internet web browser for eCOI. Other web browsers might have compatibility issues and the content of this system might look altered and/or may not function properly. Also, the eCOI program does not work well on smart phones or tablet computers.
Revised External Investigator Report of Financial Interests in Resesarch Form
Please be aware there is a now a revised External Investigator Report of Financial Interests in Research form. This form is expanded to all awards and contracts that follow the US Public Health Services (PHS) Regulations. You can obtain this form on our website, under “Forms.”
eCOI Disclosure and Reports Processes
Please take a look at the new process flow charts for External Activites Reports (EARs) and Financial Interest in Disclosure Reports (PFIRRs). These flow charts serve as a guide to help Faculty and Staff members understand the approval process of EARs and PFIRRs after submission.
For External Activity Reports click here.
For Financial Interest in Research Disclosure click here.
Office of Compliance FDA Financial disclosure form
ORC has replaced the financial disclosure forms on the FDA regulated studies FAQ pages. For more information continue reading here for a drug study and here for a device. NOTE: The FDA financial disclosure form is different from and is in addition to any financial disclosure forms that are required by NIH.
- For all research performed at Emory, investigators must complete Financial Interest in Research Reports for the below listed situations:
- at time of initiation for the project
- on an annual basis for the life of the award
- at time of annual progress report
- twelve months after the Notice of Award, and/or
- twelve months after initiation of the project
- All research projects, including clinical trials and internally funded research, require annual Investigator Financial Interest Related to Research forms. This includes No-Cost Extensions. Research Administrators and/or PIs must initiate a new Proposal Financial Interest in Research Report each year of the project in the eCOI system.
- Only select "amend" to make changes to Proposal Financial Interest in Research Report during the last 12 months (e.g., adding new team members, change of PI).
- Public Health Service Studies: Once TBD investigators have been identified, they must complete an Investigator Financial Interest in Research Report within 30 days.
- COI disclosures are not needed for individuals listed as "Other Significant Contributors" unless the PI has indicated that the individuals are responsible for and has the authority to make independent decisions regarding the design, conduct or reporting of the research.
- If you have added a project to the eCOI system that either was not funded or no longer active, please remove the Proposal Financial Interest in Research Report form from your dashboard:
- Go to your eCOI Home page
- Click "manage my proposals"
- Find the report and click "remove" under proposal actions¿