eCOI Error Message
The COI Office is aware of the error message that faculty and staff are encountering when they try to enter eCOI System through a link provided in the system generated e-mail messages. Emory IT replaced the Security Certificate for the webpage on Monday, January 6, 2020, and they are trying to correct the landing pages. In the meantime, please enter the eCOI System by typing “ecoi.emory.edu” into your web browser. We apologize for the inconvenience and we will post a message once the landing pages have been fixed. Thank you for your patience.
2018 Annual Certification Forms
The Emory eCOI system is available for Emory faculty and physicians to complete their 2018 Annual Certification forms. All regular full-time and part-time faculty members who are involved in research are required to complete and submit an Annual Certification form through the eCOI system. In addition, all physicians who are members of Emory Healthcare must complete the Annual Certification Form, which also fulfills the requirements of the Emory Healthcare Conflict of Interest Policy. The completion of the form is a requirement of federal regulations and Emory policies. Faculty members and Emory Healthcare physicians at Emory must complete their forms by August 31, 2019. Faculty members and physicians hired after August 31, 2019 must complete the Annual Certification by December 31, 2019.
Please use Firefox or Google Chrome as the web browser for accessing the eCOI System. Functionality and data may be lost when Internet Explorer is used.
Investigators submitting grants to the US Environmental Protection Agency must submit additional forms required by the funding agency. The forms can be found here.
Revised External Investigator Report of Financial Interests in Research Form
Please be aware there is a now a revised External Investigator Report of Financial Interests in Research form. This form is expanded to all awards and contracts that follow the US Public Health Services (PHS) Regulations. You can obtain this form on our website, under “Forms.”
eCOI Disclosure and Reports Processes
Please take a look at the new process flow charts for External Activites Reports (EARs) and Financial Interest in Disclosure Reports (PFIRRs). These flow charts serve as a guide to help Faculty and Staff members understand the approval process of EARs and PFIRRs after submission.
For External Activity Reports click here.
For Financial Interest in Research Disclosure click here.
Office of Compliance FDA Financial disclosure form
ORC has replaced the financial disclosure forms on the FDA regulated studies FAQ pages. For more information continue reading here for a drug study and here for a device. NOTE: The FDA financial disclosure form is different from and is in addition to any financial disclosure forms that are required by NIH.
NEW THIS YEAR FOR ANNUAL CERTIFICATIONS: Due to increased scrutiny regarding international affiliations and collaborations, we are asking all federally funded investigators to report as an External Activity, any appointments at non-US academic or research institutions, as required by Faculty Handbook, Section 13.3.A., Policy Regarding Teaching, Research, and Other Service Outside the Faculty Member’s School at Emory or Other Institutions. Faculty must report whether they are receiving research or other funding through external organizations in addition to any stipends, salary, living expenses, travel or honoraria.
Activities of Investigators that require disclosure include:
- remuneration greater than $5,000 from any US and foreign consulting relationships;
- any ownership interest in any privately held company (e.g., in a US or foreign start-up company);
- equity (i.e., stock holdings) greater than $5000 in any publicly traded company;
- management/fiduciary roles in any non-Emory entities;
- any IP Licensing fees and/or royalties greater than $5000; and
- any sponsored travel paid by a foreign institution or government, company, or foundation that is greater than $5000.
Disclosure should be made annually, as well as within 30 days of acquiring a new financial interest.
Investigators who are faculty with nine-month contracts or are part-time faculty must report remuneration if it meets the above criteria thresholds and is received during the previous year regardless of whether or not they are not on campus.
- For all research performed at Emory, investigators must complete Financial Interest in Research Reports for the below listed situations:
- at time of initiation for the project
- on an annual basis for the life of the award
- at time of annual progress report
- twelve months after the Notice of Award, and/or
- twelve months after initiation of the project
- All research projects, including clinical trials and internally funded research, require annual Investigator Financial Interest Related to Research forms. This includes No-Cost Extensions. Research Administrators and/or PIs must initiate a new Proposal Financial Interest in Research Report each year of the project in the eCOI system.
- Only select "amend" to make changes to Proposal Financial Interest in Research Report during the last 12 months (e.g., adding new team members, change of PI).
- Public Health Service Studies: Once TBD investigators have been identified, they must complete an Investigator Financial Interest in Research Report within 30 days.
- COI disclosures are not needed for individuals listed as "Other Significant Contributors" unless the PI has indicated that the individuals are responsible for and has the authority to make independent decisions regarding the design, conduct or reporting of the research.
- If you have added a project to the eCOI system that either was not funded or no longer active, please remove the Proposal Financial Interest in Research Report form from your dashboard:
- Go to your eCOI Home page
- Click "manage my proposals"
- Find the report and click "remove" under proposal actions¿